The Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) qualification enables you to monitor the activities of assessors within an organisation, ensuring that all assessments are conducted fairly. Your role will help to improve assessment standards and best practice within the organisation.
IQA qualifications are typically needed for managerial roles or any supervising role that is responsible for staff and internal procedures.
Where can I get an IQA?
The IQA qualification can be completed online from various providers. CTC offers a range of IQA qualifications at different levels. These include:
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
We also provide the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF) if you are looking to get into quality assurance or assessment and don’t currently hold any qualifications.
How long will it take?
The qualification typically takes around 6 weeks to complete. With CTC, you can achieve the qualification at your leisure. Our 24/7 student portal allows you to view course content and upload assessments any time, any day. This is ideal if you need to fit the workload around a busy schedule.
What is the role of an Internal Quality Assurer?
The minimum responsibilities as an Internal Quality Assurer include:
- Observing trainer and assessor performance, providing constructive feedback
- Providing support to trainers and assessors
- Sampling assessment records and decisions
- Meeting with learners
- Planning how and when you will monitor trainers and assessors
- Identifying and facilitating best practice throughout the organisation
How can an IQA help my career?
The IQA qualification is a great tool for helping you into a supervisory or managerial role. Our IQA courses are designed to boost your career prospects irrespective of the level you are currently at.
Are you interested in obtaining the IQA qualification and becoming an Internal Quality Assurer? CTC provides a range of IQA awards for learners at all levels. Enrol on a course through CTC and enjoy all the benefits of distance learning, including working in the safety and comfort of your own home on a schedule that works for you. But don’t worry if you need help — we designate you a tutor who will be available to contact via phone, email or text throughout the entirety of your course.