Approximate study period for this qualification is 1200 hours. These hours can be paced to suit your lifestyle – typically people on this qualification will complete in 8-12 months, however some will complete it sooner.
This qualification is assessed in a number of ways to help you achieve:
- 8 observations of you teaching groups (minimum 5 students). These observations are normally completed by another teaching acting as an expert witness.
- 100 hours of classroom teaching experience. A teaching hours log will be required.
- Assignments for each of the seven units in this qualification. The assignments range from 1000 – 2000 words and some also have product evidence requirements such as lesson plans, teaching resources and other associated paperwork.
- Personal statements and a log of your continued personal development.
We expect you to complete this course within 12 months and provide access to tutor support and your online portal for this time. You will be given 24/7 access to our online portal where you can view your course content and upload your assignments.
This is a distance learning course. You will be provided with access to an online portal which contains reading material and a reading list.
You will be able to upload your completed assignments and tutor feedback will also be available in this portal.
Requirements & Criteria
There are no specific entry requirements. There may be a requirement by the employer for learners to be checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service or if they intend to work with learners who are covered by these regulations (formerly Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). It is the learner’s responsibility to seek advice from their employer regarding this.
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher.
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
Individuals are not required to have achieved a Level 3 Award in Education and Training or a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training before undertaking a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. However, some individuals may already have completed one or both of these qualifications.
All inclusive price
Our qualification pricing is simple – there are no hidden extras or charges. The fee includes your portal, tutor support, assessment / re-assessment and certification.