Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF)
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF) is regulated by Ofqual.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
Learners must be willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan.
There are no specific entry requirements. There may be a requirement by the employer for learners to be checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service or if they intend to work with learners who are covered by these regulations (formerly Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). It is the learner’s responsibility to seek advice from their employer regarding this.
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher.
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
Individuals are not required to have achieved a Level 3 Award in Education and Training or a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training before undertaking a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. However, some individuals may already have completed one or both of these qualifications.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
1: Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
2: Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
3: Theories, principles and models in education & training
4: Wider professional practice and development in education and training
5: Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
6: Inclusive practice
7: Teaching in a specialist area